RefWorks DevOps Engineer
RefWorks DevOps Engineer
Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
RefWorks simplifies the process of research, collaboration, data organization, and writing by providing an easy-to-use tool for citation, bibliography, and reference management. It is a cloud based (SaaS) product with local add-ons as well. The product utilizes multiple development languages including Angular 7, Angular JS, Java, Scala, C#, MongoDB and micro services deployment.
RefWorks DevOps Engineer is responsible for the application management in AWS and other cloud hosting environments, building cloud management tools, automating the system/application deployment pipeline using DevOps methodologies and tools, and working with the development team to help engineer scalable software at our Jerusalem office.
A typical day might include the following:
· Support the platform development team(s) and perform activities to resolve developer issues in a timely and accurate fashion
· Develop pragmatic solutions, build flexible systems and choose simple solutions over complex solutions
· Conduct research and makes recommendations on standards, products, tools, and services
· Ensure application and infrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant with Company standards and practices, as well as legal/regulatory requirements
· Provide high-availability operational support and automate solutions across the environment
· Use collaboration technologies, such as Jira
· Implement service monitoring across all platforms to ensure continuous availability and operational continuity of critical systems
· Implement and maintain system configurations and baselines to support secure application development, software controls, best practices and standards
· On call duty, including weekends
Qualified candidates must have:
· BS degree or relevant experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
· 3 + years of experience in implementing and managing high capacity, redundant, and mission critical environments
· Proven experience with AWS Cloud Management (security groups, AMI, ECR, etc.)
· Ability to work autonomously and to define design improvements for the cloud environment and build pipelines
· Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration at scale
· 2 + years of experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Delivery
· Proven enterprise development experience
· Experience with Infrastructure Automation tools and scripts
· Experience with Dockers containers
· Language experience with Python or Bash
· Demonstrated ability to automate repetitive tasks using a common scripting or programming language
· Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
· Experience with Agile methodology (Scrum)
· Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
· Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
· Comfort with collaboration and open communication
· Experience with Jenkins
· Experience with GITHub
· English at a high level - spoken and written
· Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to support a high availability production environment
· Broad, systematic perspective and ability to characterize complex solutions
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Fast learner, attention to detail, good team player
· Initiative-taker and responsible
· Ability to work in a team as well as independently
· Ability to work in a global organization
More important information for you:
· This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office
· During COVID-19 the position can be fulfilled from home
· This position normally requires weekday (Sunday – Thursday) attendance
Why Ex Libris?
· We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
· We hold fun on-site events
· All our employees have access to Ex Libris research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it!