Ex Libris– Who are we?
Ex Libris, a ProQuest company, is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for higher education. Offering SaaS solutions for the management and discovery of the full spectrum of library and scholarly materials, as well as mobile campus solutions driving student engagement and success, Ex Libris serves thousands of customers in 90 countries. For more information about Ex Libris, see our website, and join us on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
What will I be doing?
You will be part of highly professional team and collaborate with the cloud architects to shape our emerging cloud solutions using innovative technologies and work together with the company CISO and security team to develop security processes and solutions.
The Security engineer’s responsibilities include improving the infrastructure security posture, apply and maintain industry best practices and enterprise standards to ensure reliable network services, analyze and troubleshoot security related issues to provide thorough and timely resolutions, monitoring security measures for the protection of systems, networks and information, create and maintain security documentation pertaining to configuration, process and service records, conduct proactive research and audits to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies and optimize security infrastructure.
you will utilize your deep knowledge of Security engineering to research state-of-the-art security solutions, design, implement and operate large scale datacenter Security measures, utilizing a variety of technical equipment, including network devices, storage controllers, servers and security devices, identify and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats, participate in security incident response activities and the technical investigations of security-related incidents.
Technical Minimum Qualifications:
· Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, or at least 4 years’ related experience in Security Engineering.
· Vast experience with the Linux (CentOS) and windows operating systems
· Experience with Datacenter networking and Knowledge of IT system (applications, SaaS products, end user devices, servers).
· Proven expertise in implementing and managing security devices such as FW, WAF, EPP, EDR
· In dept knowledge of web application protocols (HTTP/Rest/SOAP/SAML ) security protocols and methods (encrytion algorithms, authentication, PKI, TLS, HTTPS).
· Experience conducting researchs and POC testing.
· Experience with scripting (Python/Bash) Regex and automation.
Nice to have Qualifications:
· Graduate of a cyber course from a recognized institution.
· Security+ (CompTIA), CEH, CISSP, GIAC or other security related certifications.
· Experience with AWS infrastructure and security solutions
· Experience with microservices and use/orchestration of containers / Kubernetes.
· Ability to learn and master new technologies.
· Excellent researching and problem-solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to professionally interact and reach resolutions
More important information for you:
· This position is based in the Jerusalem, Israel office location.
· Occasional travel is required.
· This position requires weekday (Sunday - Thursday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
· Every position requires certain physical capabilities. Ex Libris seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Why Ex Libris?
We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
· We hold fun on-site events
· All our employees have access to Ex Libris research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At Ex Libris, we work hard and have fun doing it!